Eggshell membrane, that thin and white layer that protects the internal structure of the egg, which can be seen when the egg is broken and remains attached to the shell, has shown very positive results after scientific evaluations to improve health conditions. It is a 100% natural ingredient rich in collagen, hyaluronic acid, elastin, chondroitin sulphate, glucosamine and more than 400 proteins.
It is this last protein, eggshell collagen, that we are here to talk about. But before delving into all the benefits it provides, it is important to be clear about a few preliminary concepts.
At Arandovo, as producers of this 100% natural ingredient, we explain all the details you need to know about collagen type I, V and X, which is found in the membrane, its benefits and how it is obtained.
What is collagen
Collagen is the most abundant protein molecule in the human body (bones, cartilage, joints, etc.) and in animals. It is a component whose function is to form the fibres from which the structure of our body is created.
Ageing causes an imbalance in collagen production. This causes individuals to lose skin suppleness, joint pain or osteoporosis, among other symptoms.
However, there is the possibility of incorporating dietary supplements with collagen to help restore the conditions necessary for the re-establishment of normal physiological conditions. Eggshell membrane is a functional ingredient rich in protein and a natural source of collagen (Type I, V and X). These three types of collagen are explained now:
- Type I collagen. This type of collagen contributes to tissue elasticity and flexibility. It is normally found in the skin, cornea, tendons and bones. Collagen mainly gives the body the elasticity and strength it needs.
- Type V collagen. Unlike type I collagen, type V collagen provides strength. It is found in tissues and organs (in the lungs and liver, for example).
- Type X collagen. This is calcifying collagen. Type X collagen is the bone-related collagen.
4 eggshell membrane collagen benefits
Improve the health of our joints
This 100% natural component prevents the joint from deteriorating, promoting healthy cartilage and thus helping to strengthen muscles. Over time, the risk of developing degenerative joint disorders such as osteoarthritis increases.
In turn, for athletes, the intake of egg membrane containing collagen helps to reduce joint pain during sport. This allows them to perform intense physical activity, reduce inflammation in their joints and recover more quickly.
Provides a healthy appearance
The collagen in eggshell provides elasticity and firmness to the skin, as well as strengthening nails and hair. As we age, our body’s production of collagen decreases.
Several studies have shown that the intake of eggshell membrane collagen, which contains collagen, can benefit and delay skin ageing, reducing the appearance of wrinkles. Therefore, thanks to the collagen supply provided by daily consumption of eggshell membrane, we manage to maintain an elastic and enhanced skin. Likewise, our hair and nails are strengthened.
Several studies have shown that the intake of eggshell membrane collagen can benefit and delay skin ageing, reducing the appearance of wrinkles. Therefore, thanks to the collagen supply provided by daily consumption of eggshell membrane, we manage to maintain an elastin and enhanced skin. Likewise, our hair and nails are strengthened.
Strengthens bone health and density
Collagen is a structural part of our bones. Therefore, its daily intake promotes healthy bone structure, provides density and strengthens bones.
This will help to reduce the onset of diseases such as osteoporosis, which is characterised by a decrease in bone hardness, increasing the risk of bone fractures.
Protects our pets
Eggshell collagen is not just a natural supplement for humans. Our pets can also benefit from this ingredient, as it improves flexibility and mobility in older pets. It also supports the strengthening of tendons, ligaments and cartilage.
How to obtain collagen in the egg membrane
At Arandovo, through MKARE, we work daily on researching the enormous potential of egg membranes as a functional ingredient. Its multiple benefits drive us to develop ever more innovative products.
- MKARE for athletes. MKARE helps to restore the optimal physiological conditions of the joint system after exercise. From supporting connective tissue and injury prevention to enhancing recovery of joint function.
- MKARE for healthy ageing. MKARE supports the proper functioning of joints, thereby reducing joint pain and stiffness associated with joint degeneration. It provides additional support for collagen synthesis as we age.
- MKARE to nourish true beauty. In this respect, the functional ingredient MKARE improves skin elasticity, helps to accentuate hair thickness and reduce hair breakage and improves the appearance of brittle nails.
- MKARE for animal health. MKARE improves the quality of life of our four-legged friends: it reduces arthritis, inflammation and pain in our pets. In addition, it helps to develop and maintain their muscles in optimal condition.
Now that you know more about the benefits that egg membrane collagen can bring us, at Arandovo we work with passion and dedication on our MKARE functional ingredient. We are aware that combining healthy habits with the intake of food supplements such as our MKARE functional ingredient helps to improve our quality of life.
What did you think of this post?